Any arm-rtems users?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Mar 7 08:16:26 UTC 2012

On 03/06/2012 07:23 PM, Kirspel, Kevin wrote:
> I am an arm-rtems user (NXP LPC3250 BSP).  Our makefiles are structured so that changing the GCC compiler is simple.  I assume changes are needed for linkcmds since they are currently elf based.  I don't see why I couldn't easily switch.  But I may not know all the issues.  I am currently using an ARM Cortex-M3 (arm-none-eabi) on a non-rtems platform and have had no issues.

We have a wike page regarding the ARM tool chain:

http://wiki.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/ARM-EABI

I changed all ARM BSP linker command files to use a base file which can easily
adopted to a specific board:

http://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/c/src/lib/libbsp/arm/shared/startup/linkcmds.base

Let me emphasize again, that the so called GCC ARM ELF configuration is dead
according to the GCC ARM maintainer Richard Earnshaw.  The name ELF is a bit
misleading since the EABI configuration uses also the ELF format.

Test suite results:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2011-10/msg03523.html
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2011-11/msg00407.html

--