Enable network for the Intel 82551ER chip - pc386

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Mar 27 22:33:09 UTC 2012

On 28/03/12 2:46 AM, João Paulo Scalão Martins wrote:
> Thank you, Mr. Joel.
>
> I've downloaded the libbsdport from GIT, and I'm trying to implement the
> drivers in my code, but I don't know how...
>
> Do you know which file contains the 82551 driver? The folder
> bsd_eth_drivers/if_em does not have this NIC driver, specifically.
>
> Do I have to do the "make, make install" procedure for the libbsdport ?
> I just don't know which folders I have to add to my "include path",
> neither the headers files that contains the driver attach functions...

The RTL project I am working ....

  http://www.rtems.org/ftp/pub/rtems/people/chrisj/rtl/rtl-20111005.tar.bz2

has an 'init.c' file that supports the fxp interface on a PC from the
libbsdports library. It should help provide some of the configuration
glue you will need once you have built and installed the libbsdports
package.

Chris