Enable network for the Intel 82551ER chip - pc386

João Paulo Scalão Martins joaopaulosm at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 13:34:06 UTC 2012

Thank you Chris!

I'm trying to use the fxp driver, but I didn't understand your init.c. As a
matter of fact, I don't know how to use the fxp driver, because I have not
found any fxp_driver_attach_function to put on the ifconfig struct !!!

I start writing some code, just this way:

*driver_t* libbsdport_netdriver_table[] =*
*{*
*  &libbsdport_fxp_driver,*
*  NULL*
*};*
*
*
When I compile the program, the compiler gives me an error "undefined
reference to libbsdport_fxp_driver". This error occurs in another .c file,
at the start of a function which doesn't have any relationship with the
libbsdport_netdriver_table !!!!
I checked the header <bsp/libbsdport_api.h> and the driver
libbsdport_fxp_driver is defined as extern. Sounds like the linker can not
found the real definition of the driver...

Best regards...

Joao