Different tick interval with the same application between RTEMS 4.10.0 and 4.10.2?

Fabrício de Novaes Kucinskis fabricio at dea.inpe.br
Mon May 21 13:49:24 UTC 2012

Hi all,

We've just upgraded our development environment from RTEMS 4.10.0 to RTEMS
4.10.2. As always, an interesting issue has raised! ;-)

We use the ERC32 and SIS BSPs. After the upgrade, a simple test application
that prints a clock once per second started to print the clock values almost
two times faster on SIS. The application gets the number of ticks per second
and uses it in the rtems_task_wake_after directive.

To determine if the issue was on SIS or RTEMS, we run in the 4.10.2
environment the previous version of the test, compiled with RTEMS 4.10.0,
and the task runs once per second. Also, the number of ticks per second
reported in both versions is the same.

Looking at the release notes, we've found a number of changes/fixes related
with ticks and time since 4.10.0. But it seems that none of them is related
to what I report here.

Is this something to be expected when upgrading? Am I missing some change in
the configuration?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Fabrício de Novaes Kucinskis.