Different tick interval with the same application between RTEMS 4.10.0 and 4.10.2?

Mon May 21 14:25:45 UTC 2012

On 05/21/2012 08:49 AM, Fabrício de Novaes Kucinskis wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We've just upgraded our development environment from RTEMS 4.10.0 to
> RTEMS 4.10.2. As always, an interesting issue has raised! ;-)
>
> We use the ERC32 and SIS BSPs. After the upgrade, a simple test
> application that prints a clock once per second started to print the
> clock values almost two times faster on SIS. The application gets the
> number of ticks per second and uses it in the rtems_task_wake_after
> directive.

When on any simulator, there is always the possibility that somehow the
fast idle mode
in the clock driver got turned on.

> To determine if the issue was on SIS or RTEMS, we run in the 4.10.2
> environment the previous version of the test, compiled with RTEMS
> 4.10.0, and the task runs once per second. Also, the number of ticks
> per second reported in both versions is the same.

Is this once per second in simulated or real time?

Set a break point at Clock_isr and see if it is doing the fast idle mode.

> Looking at the release notes, we've found a number of changes/fixes
> related with ticks and time since 4.10.0. But it seems that none of
> them is related to what I report here.

I looked at the diff files and the only changes are fixing bugs
related to nanoseconds since last tick when you ask on the
edge of a tick interrupt occurring.

--
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research&   Development