Request to Participate in Survey on Newcomers in Open Source Projects

Wed Nov 14 18:17:21 UTC 2012

Hi

I would encourage you to take a few minutes and participate in
this. How we welcome newcomers to FOSS communities is important
and I hope that this research provides us some insight.

"Kevin Carillo, a PhD student from the Victoria University of
Wellington, is calling for participants for a survey that seeks to
collect data on the experiences of newcomers joining open source
communities. Carillo says he is "interested in hearing from people who
are either technical or non-technical contributors, and who have had
either positive or negative newcomer experiences." The goal of his
research project is to collect data on how newcomers to open source
communities turn into contributors or what prevents them from doing so."

The survey is at:

https://limesurvey.sim.vuw.ac.nz/index.php?sid=65151&lang=en

and more details are here:

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Newcomer-experience-survey-for-open-source-communities-1748936.html