PC386 Network

SAeeD salpha.2004 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 14:20:55 UTC 2012

Dear all,

Looks like there are three types of network drivers for pc386: DEC21140,
NE2000, and WD8003. Now I've two questions:

1. How can I find out that my ethernet controller is based on which of
them. There is a low cost, brute-force solution but I'm looking for another
solution.

2. I tested all of them on my computer and NE2000 was the one matched to my
ethernet controller. (Because that was the only situation that my
"rtems_bsdnet_initialize" successfully initialized the network.) I tested
TCP/UDP server/client applications and none of them worked. Network was
successfully initialized but it was not working. I guess it's because
"struct rtems_bsdnet_ifconfig" is not well defined in my applications. More
detailed, I guess the problem is with the value I chose for "port" and
"irq" in that structure.
Do you guys have any idea about source of the problem?

Thanks,
SAeeD