RM timing

Sun Sep 9 18:26:09 UTC 2012

On 09/09/2012 11:09 AM, Fered wrote:

> Dear all;
>
> In periodic tasks, when we call rtems_rate_monotonic_period( )
> function, we determine period duration in OS ticks.
>
> But rtems_rate_monotonic_report_statistics( ) prints statistics in
> another time units.
>
> How can I find the OS tick duration in micro seconds and what's time
> unit of the statistics?

Some of the handy methods are:

rtems_configuration_get_microseconds_per_tick()
rtems_configuration_get_milliseconds_per_tick()
rtems_configuration_get_nanoseconds_per_tick()
rtems_clock_get_ticks_per_second()

If these aren't in the user's manual, then they should be
added. Feel free to submit a patch if there is documentation
missing.

The new timespec wrappers for the Score timespec helpers
are similar but for a different time type and were just added
by our ESA SOCIS student.

--
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research&   Development