PC386 Network

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Sep 13 01:30:46 UTC 2012

SAeeD wrote:
>     There is also some more in the libsdports repo ....
>
>     http://git.rtems.org/libbsdport/
>
> How I'm supposed to tell my application to use those drivers? For DEC
> and NE and WD was as easy as changing the first entry in the
> "rtems_bsdnet_ifconfig" structure.

It is an external library you link your application to. To build first
build and install the BSP you are using (see the --with-rtems-top
setting). In my case I use this library with the pc586 BSP. Then ....

  $ /Users/chris/Development/rtems/src/libbsdport/configure \
     --host=i386-rtems4.10 \
     --with-rtems-top=/Users/chris/Development/rtems/build/4.10 \
     --prefix=/Users/chris/Development/rtems/build/4.10 \
     --enable-std-rtems-installdirs --enable-maintainer-mode \
     --enable-rtemsbsp=pc586
  $ make all install

I use this in the RTL test program. The specific source to set up and
use the library can be found here ...

  http://git.rtems.org/chrisj/rtl.git/tree/init.c#n76

> BTW, is it possible that I use those
> drivers with RTEMS 4.10.2 tarball or I must use HEAD branch in order to
> use them? Please enlighten me a little more. :)

I have not used 4.10.x recently how-ever I feel it should work because
there has been no major changes in the network area on head.

Chris