PC386 Network

SAeeD salpha.2004 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 11:46:26 UTC 2012

Well thank you first.

I've came to some understandings that may be useful to others:

First, in order to check my Ethernet controller family, I used "lspci"
command in Fedora 17:
09:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme
*BCM5755M*Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express (rev 02)
The bolded text shows mine.

Second, in order to see FreeBSD Ethernet drivers that have been ported to
RTEMS, I used the comments in the file:
libbsdport <http://git.rtems.org/libbsdport/>/bsd_eth_drivers/libbsdport/
libbsdport_api.h<http://git.rtems.org/libbsdport/tree/bsd_eth_drivers/libbsdport/libbsdport_api.h>

Now I come up with one question:
I'm going to use "Broadcom BCM57xx PCI" family as it suits my case. The
driver for this family is placed in the folder "if_bge".
I searched if_bge.c and did not find a function with "static int (struct
rtems_bsdnet_ifconfig*, int)" signature to introduce it as my
"CONFIGURE_NETWORK_DRIVER_ATTACH" function.
I mean for other drivers like DEC21140 there is a function like "int
rtems_dec21140_driver_attach (struct rtems_bsdnet_ifconfig *config, int
attach)" and a name like "ne1" but for BGE, I did not find similiar
function and name. So how I'm supposed to use them as Ethernet driver in my
application? How may I configure my application in order to use them?

Thanks,
SAeeD