Building BSPs rtems 4.11 CentOS 6.4 (Final)

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Tue Apr 2 16:25:58 UTC 2013

On 04/02/2013 06:14 PM, Milo H. Fields wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I’ve done a cursory examination of the email archives and didn’t find a
> reference to my particular situation – sorry if I missed the obvious...
>
> I’ve installed the ‘prebuilt’ 4.11 system to my CentOS 6.4 (final) using
> the yum option and have cloned the basic ‘git’ package to my local user
> space as described in your Quick Start instructions however I am not
> able to build the BSP’s (sis, leon2, leon3 – log is attached). As the
> system fails in ‘bspbuild’/tools/build/configure.  The problem appears
> to start with the host compiler invocation (line 103 of the log). I was
> able to complete the BSP build on the CentOS VM provided so I assume the
> updated host tool suite is the problem. Is this a identified issue – if
> so is there a work-around?

I have no idea what you are doing, nor which tools you are using. Your
indicates you are trying to use mal-configured and broken toolchain
packages.

Are you trying to use the toolchains from
ftp://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/linux/4.11/centos/6

Using them
export PATH=/opt/rtems-4.11/bin:$PATH
cd <pathtogit>
./bootstrap

mkdir <BUILDdir>
<pathto>/git/configure --target=sparc-rtems4.11 [more options]
make

is supposed and known to work.

Ralf