Error in creating timer

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Mon Apr 8 01:36:59 UTC 2013

Joel Sherrill wrote:

> Hindsight is 20/20 and in retrospect, I wish we had named that class
> something else.

Agreed.

> But I still have no idea what would be a better name
> for the SuperCore Watchdog Handler class. If anyone has a suggestion
> on what to rename it to which would both be clearer and avoid
> confusion with Hardware Watchdogs, it would be appreciated.

Some suggestions ...

  Timer
  Fast_Timer
  ISR_Timer

The first is simple but does not bring in the fact these timers are safe
under interrupts. Fast_Timers implies there is no context switch and
ISR_Timers states these are for use in ISR contexts. For me Timer or
ISR_Timer would be preferred.

Chris