path for patches

Matt Wette mwette at alumni.caltech.edu
Wed Apr 10 22:14:17 UTC 2013

On Apr 10, 2013, at 2:49 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> http://git.rtems.org/rtems-tools.git/
>> 2.  HACK: I had to copy /usr/include/linux/stddef.h to /usr/include and add a "typedef unsigned size_t;" to the end of that file.
> This sounds like an odd host issue. What host and where it did crop up?
>
> This really doesn't sound like an RTEMS issue. Most of our code is cross. :)

Centos 6.4 (x86_64).

I am embarrassed to say I didn't keep good notes.  This had to do with building gcc-4.4.7 (not rtems).
When I did a search I found others had run into the same problem.   I will see if I can reproduce.   I
probably made a mistake somewhere.  (I ran into the "unrecognized -Qy arg", found "." should not be in my PATH.)

Matt

bluefin$ yum whatprovides /usr/include/stddef.h
[...]
No Matches found
bluefin$