path for patches

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Thu Apr 11 04:12:24 UTC 2013

On 04/10/2013 11:33 PM, Matt Wette wrote:
> Thanks.   I was able to build the chain with no patches, with the following exceptions:
> 1. I had to use "-disable-posix" on RTEMS.  There seemed to be some mismatch between rtems-4.10.2 and newlib-1.18.0 wrt threads.
Nope.

The files on the rtems-4_10-branch in crossrpms git
and (The official place I publish patches and sources)
ftp://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/SOURCES/4.10/
are current and do build flawlessly on CentOS6-{x86_64,i386}.

> 2.  HACK: I had to copy /usr/include/linux/stddef.h to /usr/include and add a "typedef unsigned size_t;" to the end of that file.
This header file is a linux kernel header and is not related to RTEMS by
any means.

If you see an error related to this file, this indicates your
installation is incomplete (some prerequisite packages are missing),
broken (You've installed something which is conflicting) or you've hit a
packaging bug in CentOS.

As the rpms are building flawlessly, I can exclude the latter.

As you, for reasons which are incomprehensible to me, don't seem to be
rebuilding nor wanting to use the rpms (which would automatically care
about package deps), I'd guess on the former.

Ralf