Paravirtualization project - GSOC 2013

Cláudio Silva claudiodcsilva at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 21:54:40 UTC 2013

Hi,

I think developing an interface really independent from the hardware will
be difficult. You will end up with some hardware dependent code.
Nevertheless, the inclusion of a virtualization BSP on the tree has to be
better analyzed and discussed, due to the constraints on how the BSPs and
CPU targets are handled.
 I would prefer to maintain the target option and add something like
--enable-virt ou --enable-bsp="virt"; We probably want to minimize the
virtualization interface and keep it close to the processor as possible.
Hence, you will probably end up with something which is partially bound to
a given CPU architecture.

Cláudio