rtems_error(RTEMS_ERROR_PANIC, (...)) and rtems_error(RTEMS_ERROR_ABORT, (...)) both reset?

Nick Withers nick.withers at anu.edu.au
Mon Aug 5 06:11:30 UTC 2013

Hi there!

It seems that rtems_error(RTEMS_ERROR_PANIC, (...)) and
rtems_error(RTEMS_ERROR_ABORT, (...)) both cause resets on the MVME3100
board I'm using with RTEMS Git HEAD (updated today).

I believe this differs from 4.10 but have run into some troubles on my
side trying to verify this.

Is the behaviour I'm seeing intentional? I was under the impression
(e.g., from
http://www.rtems.org/onlinedocs/doxygen/cpukit/html/error_8h.html#details ) that the RTEMS_ERROR_PANIC case should leave the system up but halted...?
--
Nick Withers

Embedded Systems Programmer
Room 2.26, Building 57
Department of Nuclear Physics
Research School of Physics and Engineering
The Australian National University (CRICOS: 00120C)

eMail: nick.withers at anu.edu.au
Phone: +61 2 6125 2091
Mobile: +61 414 397 446