MinGW

Simon Williams williamssimonp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 07:36:16 UTC 2013

I wonder if anyone can help with a problem I've got building RTEMS on
Windows. I have installed MinGW and the RTEMS MinGW toolchain for Arm from
the RTEMS  ftp site. I then cloned the git repository ran bootstrap and
configure without any problem. When I come to build however, I get an error
telling me that the compiler is broken. Doing gcc -v --version confirms the
issue. It is caused by cc1 encountering an architecture mismatch. I tried
to rebuild the toolchain from the sources on the ftp site, but configure
appears to be mangling the arm-rtems4.11 target to arm-unknown-rtems4.11,
which appears from research I've done to be an old issue!

My thought is that building a native toolchain from the RTEMS tools source
first and then using the result to build the Arm toolchain may resolve the
issue, but, given the time it will take, I wanted to get some sort of
reassurance I wasn't wasting my time.

I am restricted to using Windows for my development environment as .Net
development is what pays the bills!