RTEMS Source Builder build error

Joel Sherrill Joel.Sherrill at OARcorp.com
Thu Aug 29 06:29:07 UTC 2013

My guess is that expat is missing some conditional logic and is using something that is not available on cygwin.

Can you look at the source at the indicated line and see if there are implementation choices there.

--joel

Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:

ruizx wrote:
> Hi all,
> I try to build 4.11 rtems-powerpc cross compiler in Cygwin.
> When compiling expat, the error occoured.
>
> examples/.libs/lt-elements.c: In function 'main':
> examples/.libs/lt-elements.c:315:3: warning: implicit declaration of function '_spawnv' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
> examples/.libs/lt-elements.c:315:19: error: '_P_WAIT' undeclared (first use in this function)
> examples/.libs/lt-elements.c:315:19: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
>
> The compile command is
> ../source-builder/sb-set-builder --log=l-powerpc.txt --prefix=$HOME/development/rtems/4.11 4.11/rtems-powerpc
>
> I find this mail form gnu described the same error, but the method is not usable.
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool/2008-12/msg00056.html
>
> Anyone meet this error? How to solve it?

I have not seen this error. I have not been building in Cygwin for a
while because I could not get it to be stable enough to build all the tools.

As a test can you add '-nno-cygwin' to the optflags in
source-builder/sb/defaults.mc ? I have no idea what effects this will
have on the build.

Chris