Network stack

Claus, Ric claus at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Feb 7 17:59:48 UTC 2013

A while ago, there was a flurry of activity on updating the RTEMS network stack.  I didn't get the impression that the work was complete, so could someone please give an update as to when the more modern stack might appear in an RTEMS release?  Also, what sorts of benefits might we expect from the new stack, particularly in terms of performance?  Does it have a zero-copy ability?

An awful lot of development has taken place since the release of 4.10.2.  Since I'm about to start a new (ARM based) project, it would be nice to reap the benefits of that work.  Independent of the network stack, I'm curious as to when might we expect the next release?  I'm a bit nervous about setting folks off on working with some random snapshot of the Git HEAD.

  Thanks,
               Ric