Error while building gcc for toolset for RTEMS

Steven Grunza sgrunza at ctdi.com
Thu Feb 7 14:04:38 UTC 2013

Manish,

I just configured my development machine.  It's running a brand new
install of Ubuntu Quantal, x86_64

I used the Fedora RPM packages and the alien Ubuntu package; the
procedure is mostly documented on
http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/Debian_and_Ubuntu

I had to install two missing packages.  I think one of them was
libcloog-isl and I forget the other.  The build of RTEMS failed when the
necessary libcloog.so was missing and the same for the other package.
Reading the build results and doing some experimentation eventually led
me to what I believe are the correct packages.

Checking my log files it looks like I needed to:

  sudo apt-get install clog-isl

  sudo apt-get install libppl-c4

Unless you're really into building tools, I would suggest you try the
RPM/alien path.

I'm working on ARM these days (I haven't worked on SPARC in years) so
you'll have to figure out the correct file set yourself but basically it
should be
http://www.rtems.org/ftp/pub/rtems/linux/4.11/fedora/18/x86_64/:

                The *auto*.rpm

                The *common*.rpm

                The *sparc*.rpm  (this gets both SPARC and SPARC64, not
sure which you need)

For source code I used GIT to grab a copy

Steven Grunza

Products Engineer

CTDI | Products Division

1373 Enterprise Dr.