Crash in _User_extensions_Thread_create

Joel joel.sherrill at OARcorp.com
Wed Feb 20 17:25:47 UTC 2013

On 2/20/2013 10:37 AM, Matthew J Fletcher wrote:
> Hi
>
> I dont define CONFIGURE_INITAL_EXTENSIONS so i was surprised to even
> be in this code. A #error in confdefs.h shows that its the
> RTEMS_NEWLIB define thats causing that path to be taken.
>
> The faulting line is the function pointer call into
> Callouts.thread_create as Callouts in uninitialised.
>
> I guess i am missing some #define that will setup this for me, i've
> looked in the samples folder and they just seem to #define the drivers
> they need, then #define the number of resources, then #define
> CONFIGURE_RTEMS_INIT_TASKS_TABLE, then #define CONFIG_INIT and include
> confdefs.h so i am a bit confused about the problem i am seeing.

There is very likely nothing wrong with your configuration via confdefs.h.

Assuming you are completely up to date... there is almost certainly
something
wrong with your layout or handling of initialized data.

Check Configuration_Initial_Extensions. It is initialized data and if it
doesn't have
pointers to the newlib extensions at download or by the time you get to
boot_card(),
then something is broken.  If it is correct and is overwritten by the
time you get to
using it, then something is overwriting it.

Memory layout and program initialization issues are a big part of
mysterious
failures at this point in a BSP.