Fwd: Re: rtems and Ubuntu 12.04

D Peter Siddons siddons at bnl.gov
Sun Jan 13 22:56:10 UTC 2013

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: rtems and Ubuntu 12.04
Date: 	Sun, 13 Jan 2013 17:40:49 -0500
From: 	D Peter Siddons <siddons at bnl.gov>
To: 	Ralf Corsepius <ralf.corsepius at rtems.org>

On 01/13/2013 01:42 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 01/13/2013 06:47 PM, D Peter Siddons wrote:
>> In building the RTEMS CVS head (4.10.99.0) on Ubuntu 12.04, 64-bit, I
>> discovered a problem. Make fails in the build with the "C compiler
>> cannot generate executables" error. I turns out that this is caused by
>> the libcloog.so library being renamed in this distribution to
>> libcloog-debian.so.0.0.0 and some similar links. I added a link from
>> this to libcloog.so.0 and everything built successfully. Is this a known
>> problem?
>
> No, I have no idea what you are talking about.
>
> Are you using my Ubuntu squeeze-packages?
>
> Ralf

Hi Ralf,
    Sorry, I forgot that bit of the story. I tried to use the Ubuntu
packages found in

http://www.rtems.org/ftp/pub/rtems/linux/4.11/ubuntu/pool/rtems4.11/r/

But there are unmet dependencies; I forget exactly which, but they were
packages xxxx-common, which I couldn't find anywhere. I also tried to
use the Debian packages in the same area, with the same problems.
In the end I did what I have done successfully previously, and used
Fedora packages via alien.

Is there somewhere else I should be looking to find a complete set of
Ubuntu packages? BTW I am building for the m68k architecture.

Pete.

OK, I may have not installed all of the needed packages from the Ubuntu
repository first time around. I will remove everything and try again without
my kluge.
Sorry,
Pete.

--