Integrating RTEMS with ARM Cortex R4

rwas rbtwas at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 23:59:11 UTC 2013

Pritesh Gudge wrote:
>  Hi, I am new to RTEMS. I am using an ARM Cortex R4 CPU which is based
>  on ARMv7, This is the wiki page which says that Cortex R4 CPUs are
>  supported. http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/ARM-EABI I am
>  currently using Texas Instruments Hercules Development Kit which has
>  ARM Cortex R4 CPU along with 256 KB SRAM and 3MB Flash Memory. It
>  also has 8MB SDRAM. I want to use RTEMS as it is excellent for
>  Experimental Physics and Industrial Control System
>  http://www.aps.anl.gov/epics/. But I did not find any relevant
>  documentation which explains the configuration procedure for ARMv7.

As far as I know, there's no way to run rtems without a bsp. Having the
processor core
supported by RTEMS is a good sign, and a good starting point.

For your given ARM SOC (system on a chip) you'll need to find the
appropriate bsp. If one
does'nt exist, then one will have to be written (obviously).

Taking a quick look at the wiki, I'm not seeing one for your part. Maybe
I missed something.

Robert W.