rtems_task_wake_after(0)

Andrei Chichak groups at chichak.ca
Tue Jan 29 18:39:47 UTC 2013

Can anybody give me an idea as to what rtems_task_wake_after will do with a parameter of 0? I expect that the caller will just be marked ready and start running when it should.

If I get a timer tick in the middle of the call, at that point known as "the worst possible time", is it possible that the underlying delay suddenly underflow and become -1, or 2**32 since it is unsigned, and cause a huge delay rather than a little one?

Thanks,
Andrei
(it's -28C and the wind is blowing, yay)
---------------------
Andrei Chichak

Systems Developer
CBF Systems Inc.