Integrating RTEMS with ARM Cortex R4

Pritesh Gudge priteshgudge at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 16:03:45 UTC 2013

> > 1. Check if the CPU is supported: Cortex-R CPUs are supported as per the
> > wiki page http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/ARM-EABI
>
> Yes, the Cortex-R is supported.  You should use the Thumb-2 instruction
set.

> > 2. Write a BSP for the requisite Board as it is not available for mine -
> > This part I will figure out in due time.
> >
> > But kindly confirm statement 1.
> > I have read your previous comment about the template LPC32XX BSP.
> > I will be using the Texas Instrument Microcontroller TMS570LS3137 for
the
> > development. http://www.ti.com/product/tms570ls3137
> >
> > I just need a confirmation whether my understanding to this stage is
> > correct. Only then will it make sense to commit to developing the
requisite
> > BSP.
>
> I added a Cortex-A9 BSP recently.  If your chip uses the GIC interrupt
> controller, then please use the code in
>
> http://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/c/src/lib/libbsp/arm/shared/

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. As far as I checked my device allows
the use of the ARM GIC interrupt controller. I will look into this
and also that it is backward compatible with codes from ARM9 and ARM11
architectures. I will look into this.
Please keep us updated on all your additions to the ARM support.
Also, if this is not possible how may I keep track of the same?

Thank you.
Pritesh