Debugging RTEMS application on Power architecture target

Tim Cussins timcussins at eml.cc
Fri Jun 21 07:55:46 UTC 2013

On 21/06/13 07:49, Nick Withers wrote:
> ...which leaves me looking at the (pretty expensive, IMHO) BDI3000s and
> PEEDIs (any other suggestions for alternatives warmly accepted! Anyone
> tried a Wind River ICE 2?), over the MVME3100's COP port.

We've used a BDI3000 for a few projects - it's been very good, in my
experience. ARM and PPC.

> Is my understanding correct? Alternate options I heven't thought of?
> Perhaps I could actually run a full-blown GDB on the target? That'd
> presumably be a big binary and use a bit of memory (got 256 MiB though),
> but still...?

I'm not sure what's available in the RTEMS codebase, but we've used
Till's excellent GDB stub, on PPC405, for a few years:

https://www.slac.stanford.edu/comp/unix/package/rtems/doc/html/rtems-gdb-stub/rtems-gdb-stub.html

HTH,

Tim