SLAC RTEMS_gdb_stub_1_5 with RTEMS Git HEAD

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Jun 24 07:17:20 UTC 2013

Hello,

On 06/24/2013 08:10 AM, Nick Withers wrote:
> I'm trying to compile Till / SLAC's RTEMS_gdb_stub_1_5 against the RTEMS
> Git HEAD and am having troubles...
>
> Looks like the PPC Context_Control struct was changed significantly in
> http://git.rtems.org/rtems/commit/cpukit/score/cpu/powerpc/rtems/score/cpu.h?id=1869bb7101de25205f325287419aaa25a13143c7  and now the PC and GPRs 2 - 13 inclusive are no longer exposed in the same way (code mods to try to get at everything else below).

this context may change again if we add the thread-local storage support for
PowerPC.

> I suppose I should just use 4.10.2 to get around this (and the other
> issues that I probably haven't got far enough to run into yet), but a
> couple o' questions first...
>    - Anyone got it working on a PPC since the change?
>    - Why isn't RTEMS_gdb_stub_1_5 part of RTEMS-proper?

It would be useful to add this GDB stub to the RTEMS sources so we can keep it
up to date if internal data structures change.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09