Porting an embedded application to an RTEMS

manish jain manish8886 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 00:05:40 UTC 2013

Hi Everybody,
I am doing an academic project in which I am going to port an existing
embedded application to RTEMS. This embedded application is completely
written in "C" and has various sensors and hardware units which interacts
to processor periodically and here we want to introduce "RTEMS" task. I
have already built "RTEMS" and able to run various examples in the
repository but I am facing problem in where to start in "RTEMS" to port the
application. Do I need to implement a separate "BSP" or device driver for
the hardwares in application?

I know I might be a little off topic here because this mailing list is
completely dedicated to "RTEMS" development topic but I couldn't find a
better forum than this as people here already using RTEMS.

Thanks
Manish