Partition manager and ISR

Mon Mar 25 13:27:29 UTC 2013

On 3/25/2013 8:13 AM, Wendell Silva wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Which of the following directives can be used in a ISR context?
>
> - rtems_partition_create
> - rtems_partition_ident
> - rtems_partition_delete
> - rtems_partition_get_buffer
> - rtems_partition_return_buffer

get and return are intended for use in an ISR.

As a general rule, create/delete from any manager should not
be used in an ISR.  I would also say that although they could be
used after initialization, many/most RTEMS users are likely to
do most of their calls during application initialization. These must
be called from task level though.

ident operations are a linear search. While they are likely safe
for ISR use, you really should know the id by the time an ISR
occurs and avoid them at run-time. It is best to think of ident
as an "attach" or "open" and you want to do all that during
initialization.