RFC: Drop toolchain support for rtems4.8, rtems4.9 and CentOS5?

Gerald Needell jerry.needell at unh.edu
Thu Mar 14 13:09:37 UTC 2013

Ralf,
Thank you for the clarifications. I don't have any concern with the end of support for CentsOS5.

We can now build our rtems4.9 application on CentOS6 and as long as we can do that we are all set.
Your proposed drop of support for rtems4.9 will become an issue for us at the end of life for CentOS6 since it would mean no future toolchains to support it on newer OS releases.
Is that correct? I'm not objecting. I just want to be sure understand the implications.

Jerry