Errors in PSIM

Binkowski, Cassio cassioiks at gmail.com
Mon May 6 01:01:27 UTC 2013

Hi Gedare,

Can you please explain where/how in linkcmds I should be touching and how
to let the bps know about the change?
I'm very new to this.

Also, how do I calculate how much space RTEMS is taking so I know the
address to start creating the partitions?

Thanks!

On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 9:40 PM, Gedare Bloom <gedare at gwmail.gwu.edu> wrote:

> You probably need to modify the bsp linkcmds file, or just malloc a large
> chunk. The bsp may need to know about the extra memory in either case, so
> check out the linkcmds.
> -Gedare
> On May 5, 2013 2:46 PM, "Binkowski, Cassio" <cassioiks at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Joel.
>>
>> I have modified it to be with 32 MB of RAM.
>>
>> /openprom/options/oea-memory-size 33554432
>>
>> Right now my doubt is the following:
>>
>> From psim.in or other resources, how can I know at which address I can
>> start creating the partitions and make sure it won't give me an 'unmapped
>> address' error again?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 12:06 PM, Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>  I don't know where this all ended yesterday.
>>>

>>> On 5/1/2013 9:00 PM, Binkowski, Cassio wrote:
>>>
>>> I know I'm missing out on something. It's probably because of the memory
>>> addresses and maybe a custom config is required on that file mentioned by
>>> Joel (
>>> http://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/c/src/lib/libbsp/powerpc/psim/startup/linkcmds).
>>> I have never dealt with this before and will need some assistance.
>>>
>>>  You could modify the device tree created by psim/psim-gdb to add
>>> more RAM or a second bank of RAM after the first 16 MB that the
>>> linkcmds knows about.  This is in psim.in:
>>>
>>> /openprom/options/oea-memory-size 16777216
>>>
>>> The bottom line is that you are reading the mpc5200 PowerPC manual for
>>> addresses and that does not have any correlation to the memory map of
>>> the "psim board" as defined by the device-tree.
>>>
>>> 0x10000 is 64k which is in use by the program or RTEMS.
>>> 0x100000 is 1MB and is also in use by the program or RTEMS.