About rtems compilation

Mohammed Khoory mkhoory at eiast.ae
Wed Aug 13 01:40:23 UTC 2014

>Hi!
>
>I need to compile rtems without any optimization flags, how can I set this?
>
>Best Regards,
>

>Nicolás Alvarez

I'm not sure if this is the best way to do it but it works for me. The way I do it is, before performing the RTEMS compilation, I set the following environment variables using the export command in the shell:

CFLAGS_FOR_BUILD="-O0"
CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET="-O0"

I then configure, make, and make install as usual. I assume this also works if you're using the source builder. You can also add "-g" in those variables to enable debugging symbols, which can be very useful.