Samples not built in the VM image

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Tue Aug 12 18:21:06 UTC 2014

On 8/12/2014 1:03 PM, David Shifflett wrote:
> Hi,
> I am new to RTEMS.
> I downloaded the VM image,
> and ran all the steps to update the OS, etc
> also pulled the latest from GIT and ran the bootstrap,
> all with no problems.
That is good to hear. Last time I tried to cut a VM image it increased
massively in size. :(
> Finally I ran the suggested two build_bsp commands.
Does this have "--enable-tests=samples" on the configure command?
> After this I could only find two applications, 1 for sparc and 1 for
> i386, specifically
> 'network-demos/netdemo/o-optimize/netdemo.ralf' (and '.exe').
Those are leftover from a previous unrelated build.
> Looking at the times on these files suggests they weren't recently
> built, but included in the VM image.
>
> How do I build the other sample applications?
The examples in examples-v2 can be built using waf or by exporting
RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH with the appropriate value. It would be
something like ${prefix}/${target}/${bsp} where those get replaced
with real values.