how to use a symbol defined in a rap library from another rap?

Peng Fan van.freenix at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 01:25:53 UTC 2014

Hi Mihaela,

> Hi Peng,
>
> I would like to ask you if it is possible to call a function defined in a
> rap library from another rap library.

Yeah.

> If yes, how can I do this? Both of the rap libraries are loaded into an
> application.

For example, There is a symbol named hello_kitty in a.rap which is already
loaded using `rap ld a.rap`. Now if you want to load b.rap which reference
the symbol hello_kitty in a.rap, rtl will search the symbols which already
loaded and resolve it. I think you can direclty `rap ld b.rap`, if a.rap is
already loaded. If any errors, just mail me, i check it.

Actually, there is a ra format file which is an archive of rap files, you
can think it is like a libxx.a which contains common rap fils.  The design
of ra file is for common libs which may be used for other rap files. But
now it do not support automatically search libs. You can try.

Busy hacking other things, and the doc is delayed.:)

Regards,
Peng.