RTEMS simulation of LEON3 over QEMU

Wed Feb 5 16:15:50 UTC 2014

On 2/5/2014 10:09 AM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> Hi Angel,
>
> I think it is most customary to simulate RTEMS for sparc targets with
> the sis-gdb (for free work) or to use the GRSIM if you have budget for
> it. Since you can't modify RTEMS or use the custom BSP, you should
> consider the alternatives for your simulation needs.
But leon2 is supposed to work on qemu and apparently leon3 now does.
I personally haven't tried it but Sebastian appears to have had luck.

Here's what I know about sparc simulators for our BSPs.

gdb sis - (free) erc32
tsim - (paid) erc32, leon2, leon3
grsim - (paid) leon3, leon4, ngmp
qemu - (free) leon2, leon3

I would love to see instructions for qemu on leon2 and leon3.
It would be awesome as we bring the buildbot online.

--joel