RTEMS simulation of LEON3 over QEMU

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Feb 5 16:29:02 UTC 2014

On 2014-02-05 17:15, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> On 2/5/2014 10:09 AM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
>> Hi Angel,
>>
>> I think it is most customary to simulate RTEMS for sparc targets with
>> the sis-gdb (for free work) or to use the GRSIM if you have budget for
>> it. Since you can't modify RTEMS or use the custom BSP, you should
>> consider the alternatives for your simulation needs.
> But leon2 is supposed to work on qemu and apparently leon3 now does.
> I personally haven't tried it but Sebastian appears to have had luck.
>
> Here's what I know about sparc simulators for our BSPs.
>
> gdb sis - (free) erc32
> tsim - (paid) erc32, leon2, leon3
> grsim - (paid) leon3, leon4, ngmp
> qemu - (free) leon2, leon3
>
> I would love to see instructions for qemu on leon2 and leon3.
> It would be awesome as we bring the buildbot online.

There are some patches outstanding for LEON3 on QEMU.  I hope that they get
committed soon.  The LEON3 will then also support the CAS instruction on QEMU.

I don't know if there is SMP support available for LEON3 on QEMU.  Also the
system reset doesn't work on this machine.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09