RTEMS available tasks

Andre Marques andre.lousa.marques at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 18:46:08 UTC 2014

On 01/28/14 14:34, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 2014-01-28 15:30, Andre Marques wrote:
>>
>> Well, for me Qemu seems to be having some problems with the output,
>> because I
>> can set breakpoints, and run the code on the remote target, but Qemu
>> doesn't
>> show any output (with -nographic, and different consoles), or shows
>> the output
>> for the program passed with the -kernel parameter, regardless of what
>> gdb says
>> that is printing.
>>
>> For now I guess I'm leaving this as it is, as I've tried for several
>> hours
>> already to make the output work.
>>
>> On pc386 the -S option leads to a fatal error, because when loading
>> the program
>> it seems to load it on the Bios memory space. If I dont use that
>> option all
>> seems to work. As for arm, I could't get any output.
>
> Which Qemu version do you use?  I normally use the latest Git version.
>
> If you omit the -nographic option, then you need "-serial stdio".
>
> The output appears on the terminal running Qemu (not the GDB terminal).

I'm using Qemu 1.5.3 from the Gentoo repositories.  It runs the program
(passed with -kernel), then stays with "Any key to reboot...". Meanwhile
I can connect to Qemu with gdb, load some other program and then Qemu
shows nothing, just waits again.

I'm using:

qemu-system-i386 -m 256M -kernel hello.exe -s -serial stdio

And on gdb:

tar remote :1234
load
Ctrl-c (because of the waiting on qemu for the key to reboot)

To load further programs:

monitor system_reset
monitor c
load

Using -nographic I don't know where it is sending the output, but the
terminal running Qemu shows no output and I can't control it. I have to
send "monitor quit" through gdb to stop Qemu.