problem starting a rtems task

Martínez, Pablo pabloa.mar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 14:56:52 UTC 2014

Hi,

Im having troubles trying to use the class rtemsTask from the the
librtems++.

(
https://github.com/atgreen/RTEMS/blob/master/c/src/librtems%2B%2B/include/rtems%2B%2B/rtemsTask.h
)

This class is basically a wrapper for the rtems task api.

I can create the task successfully (its returns 0), but when I call start()
the entry point origin doesnt start despite returning 0 (this method just
write a memory position to check if the task is working).

const rtems_status_code rtemsTask::start(const rtems_task_argument arg)
{
  if (owner)
  {
    argument = arg;
    // pass the this pointer as the argument

    set_status_code(rtems_task_start(id,

                                     origin,
                                     (rtems_task_argument) this));
  }
  else

    set_status_code(RTEMS_NOT_OWNER_OF_RESOURCE);
  return last_status_code();
}

Any help?

best regards,