source builder issue (unstable: expat-2.1.0-1 missing)

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Mon Mar 24 08:38:59 UTC 2014

On 03/23/14 11:28 PM, Chris Johns wrote:
>>> Interesting and thanks for using the rtems-test command. There is a
>>> patch about for the SPARC simulator to fix the output. I am not sure if
>>> this is included in the gdb build. What is the error ? The log should
>>> list the details of the tests that are in error. I should mention the
>>> number of concurrent tests running can effect the results. It is
>>> typically safe to have a test per core and you can go higher but there
>>> may be failures.
>>
>> I think I just run tests with simple make not using any -jX option.
>> Shall I?
>
> The rtems-test command has a --jobs option that controls the number of
> parallel tests. I am not sure I follow where make is involved when using
> the rtems-test command.

Indeed! My mistake, and no, I've not used --jobs so it was run in
single-threaded mode.

>> The error is this:
>>
>> [karel at centos sis-bsp]$ sparc-rtems4.11-sis
>>
>> SIS - SPARC instruction simulator 2.7.5, copyright Jiri Gaisler 1995
>> Bug-reports to jgais at wd.estec.esa.nl
>>
>> sis> load ./sparc-rtems4.11/c/sis/testsuites/samples/hello/hello.exe
>> sis> go
>> resuming at 0x02000000
>>

>> *** HELLO WORLD TEST ***
>> Hello World
>> *** END OF HELLO WORLD TEST ***
>> IU in error mode (257)
>> 128835 02001f38 91d02000 Address 0x0000000002001f38 is out of
>> bounds.
>>
>> sis>
>>
>> I mean this "IU in error mode (257)
>> 128835 02001f38 91d02000 Address 0x0000000002001f38 is out of
>> bounds." message...
>>

> I do not think there is any support for the sis command. There is
> support for gdb and the run command.

Err, again my mistake. I used what's supported by tester so sis and
sis-run.  Hmm, I've rerun tests now and it looks like I did another
mistake in the past. Now I see I run with:

Passed:   466
Failed:     3
Timeouts:   5
Invalid:    1
-------------
Total:    475

Failures:
  mrfs_fstime.exe
  spintrcritical20.exe
  sp2038.exe
Timeouts:
  monitor.exe
  fileio.exe
  termios.exe
  pppd.exe
  capture.exe
Invalid:
  tmcontext01.exe

while using sis

and with

Passed:   470
Failed:     3
Timeouts:   1
Invalid:    1
-------------
Total:    475

Failures:
  mrfs_fstime.exe
  spintrcritical20.exe
  sp2038.exe
Timeouts:
  pppd.exe
Invalid:
  tmcontext01.exe

while using sis-run.

Failures/invalids are the same, the difference is only in timeouts and
probably caused by much slower run of sis in comparison with sis-run.

So, Chris, I'm really sorry for all this chaos done on my side!

Thanks,
Karel