Sparc v8 RTEMS - POSIX & Networking Stack using hardware floatingpoint registers.

Thomas Kim thomas73.kim at gmail.com
Thu May 15 10:18:01 UTC 2014

Dear Sir,

I have tested RTEMS POSIX pthread application and Network stack using
hardware floating point on Sparc v8 architecture.

As I know, whenever pthread is created, pthread task is operated with
context switching for hardware floating registers.
But, RTEMS native tasks for BSD network stack are created with
"RTEMS_NO_FLOATING_POINT" option.

Is there any side-effect in this case because there is not context
switching operation for hardware floatingpoint registers on RTEMS native
network tasks ?

Please advise me.

Best Regards.