RTEMS for Intel 486dx2

Mon May 19 14:39:07 UTC 2014

On 5/19/2014 9:28 AM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> Hi Dov,
>
> On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 8:44 AM, Rosenzaft Dov <drosen at elta.co.il
> <mailto:drosen at elta.co.il>> wrote:
>
>     Hi
>     Is there a BSP for intel 486dx2 processor?
>
> There is a pc486.cfg in the pc386 BSP tree that might work. It targets
> i486dx so I don't know if the 486dx2 might differ.

486DX was 33Mhz. DX2 used some type of clock doubler to be 66Mhz internally
as I really.

I had a Cyrix drop in chip that was a DX4 effectively. That and 32 MB of
RAM were
enough for Linux back then. I couldn't run X and compile RTEMS at the
same time
though.

>     If so what will be its foot print on memory given a basic system
>     with no drivers?
>
> You can get an idea of this by building the pc386 for gdb or for qemu
> and checking the sptests/spsize application.

No one has ever cared on the pc386 BSP.   Every PC has more than
enough memory for RTEMS.  We are talking easily less than 256K
for small applications. Exact number requires compiling yourself.

The variants are for specific cores.

And FWIW the proprietary disclaimer is utterly useless when you post to
a public
list. You have effectively violated it yourself by sending to a mailing
list that is
publicly archived for eternity. And we will not delete it.

--joel