Is there a bug using select() ?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu May 22 09:24:09 UTC 2014

On 2014-05-22 11:09, Thomas Kim wrote:
> I am tring to integrate POSIX application on RTEMS.
> our POSIX application use select() for I/O multiplexing mechanism.
> At this time, select() always return "-1" value, it mean "bad file number".
>
> Therefore, I tested simple test code using select() function in below;
> Is it a bug using select() ? and, Is there how to do fix this problem ?

The select() function works only with sockets on RTEMS.  With the new network
stack it is also possible to use select() for normal files:

http://git.rtems.org/rtems-libbsd/

The new network stack supports also kqueue().

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09