Nano-X build failure using do_it script.

Jan Dolezal dolezj21 at fel.cvut.cz
Tue Nov 18 10:15:43 UTC 2014

Hello all,

On 17.11.2014 23:35, Pavel Pisa wrote:> Hello Thomas and Joel,

 > On Friday 14 of November 2014 17:18:22 Joel Sherrill wrote:
 >> On 11/14/2014 10:15 AM, Thomas Kim wrote:
 >>> Dear Sir,
 >>>
 >>> After do_it script was patched, I am tring to build nano-X.
 >>>
 >>> At this time, below build process are OK.
 >>> ./do_it -j : JPEG support
 >>> ./do_it -p : PNG support
 >>> ./do_it -t : TIFFsupport
 >>> ./do_it -T : Truetype font support
 >>>
 >>> But, when I tried to build nano-X source using "./do_it -n", I show
 >>> below error message.
 >>>
 >>> make[2]: Target `default' not remade because of errors.
 >>>
 >>> What does it means ?
 >>
 >> Nano-X is not completely ported.  Hopefully someone who is working
 >> on it can provide more details.
 >>
 >> FYI the long term plan is to eliminate the graphics toolkit and add-on
 >> packages. The contents will become part of the RTEMS Packages
 >> Collection in the RTEMS Source Builder. I have added libjpeg to it
 >> already but need to work through the rest. This will be a much
 >> more uniform, cross target solution that is easier to update.
 >>
 >>> Best Regards,
 >>> Thomas Kim
 >
 > The Microwindows/Nano-X integration is far from beeing perfect,
 > but it builds for us. Try
 >
 >    git clone git://git.rtems.org/rtems-graphics-toolkit.git
 >    cd rtems-graphics-toolkit
 >    git submodule update --init
 >
 > There seems to be problem that rtems-graphics-toolkit project
 > wants microwin submodule version which is not available
 > directly form Alex's repository and I have not access rights
 > to that repo. We need to move RTEMS specific microwindoes
 > repo somewhere else (other place on GitHub for example).
 >
 > The checkout from microwindoes master should work
 >
 >    cd microwindows
 >    checkout -b master origin/master
 >
 > You need to use option -A to build Microwindows dependencies
 >
 >    RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH=/opt/rtems4.11/i386-rtems4.11/pc686/ ./do_it -A
 >
 > And for sure, you need installed RTEMS development environment
 > for your BSP (pc686 in above example).
 >
 > We need more information from output of your build
 > to have some clue. Redirect build stanadar and error
 > output to some file. It can be done by next redirection
 > in POSIX compliant shell (BASH, DASH, etc.)
 >
 >    export RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH=/opt/rtems4.11/i386-rtems4.11/pc686/
 >    ./do_it -A >make.log 2>&1
 >
 > We probably do not need whole log but at least the information
 > about failed C compiled file and C compiler error report and
 > failed file location are necessary.
 >
 > Best wishes,
 >
 >                  Pavel

I believe the problem is in mistyped variable name holding library
location. Try to replace line 215 in file src/Configs/config.rtems
under microwin directory:

ifeq ($(shell test -r $(LIBTIFF) && echo Y),Y)

with

ifeq ($(shell test -r $(LIBFT2LIB) && echo Y),Y)

Wishing you well,
Jan Dolezal