Monitor thread execution (replacement for waitpid)

Saeed Ehteshamifar salpha.2004 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 16:28:39 UTC 2015

Hi,

Because of different process model, RTEMS doesn't support processes.
Therefore many POSIX functions (like fork, exec*) are unimplementable on
RTEMS.
Now my question is how to monitor child thread status (if it is correct to
use the term "child" in this context) just like what "waitpid" does? Does
it make a difference if the thread has been created via classical API or
POSIX?
More specifically, I'm interested to directives like WIFEXITED,
WEXITSTATUS, WIFSIGNALED, etc.

Kind Regards,
SAeeD