Zynq Ethernet driver

Davide Viti zinosat at tiscali.it
Tue Dec 1 10:30:38 UTC 2015

Hi all,
I managed to build libbsd and tried to run some of the included tests.

I'm running the tests tests both for xilinx_zynq_zedboard (on the Microzed)
and xilinx_a9_qemu

I'm currently focused on dhcpd01.exe:

 * If I run the test on qemu, with TAP interface, everything works fine: I
get an address from the DHCP server and I can ping the (virtual) board (see
[1])
 * if I run it on real hardware, I can see the negotiation with wireshark,
I cannot ping the board

Looks like the board never sets the IP address on the device (see [2]): I
cannot see "devctl: !system=IFNET subsystem=cgem0 type=LINK_UP" like on the
simulator

can I get some help on this?

It is not relevant to this particular networking problem, bu the test
crashes if I do not comment out the definition of DEFAULT_NETWORK_SHELL: on
the simulator the shell works

thank you in advance

Davide

[1] http://pastebin.com/UZ21rgqn