RTEMS / EtherCAT, both master and slave?

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Thu Dec 17 22:00:16 UTC 2015

Does anyone have experience with implementing an EtherCAT master with RTEMS?  That appears to be straight-forward, has anyone already done it?

Does anyone know how difficult it would be to implement a generic EtherCAT slave on RTEMS on a selected processor?  For example, if I used  a TI “Sitara” processor specifically an AM4377 would it be possible to hook into the firmware TI provides for the PRU?  The licenses for the slave require a royalty.

Peter