Fwd: Unable to build sparc toolset

Sambeet Panigrahi sambeet161616 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 11:38:29 UTC 2015

>On Tue, 2015-12-08 at 10:48 -0500, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> And if you want to kill it, I would send a kill signal to the process

>As Gedare's alluding to, the Ctrl-Z is probably a problem here... It'll
>typically suspend a process, so it's still running.

>Ctrl-C to kill :-)

I realised my mistake and killed the process and rebuilt it.But the problem
still exists as my firewall prevents the git protocol.The build failed
again with the error in the error report given as

Creating source directory: sources/git
making dir:
/home/sambeet/development/rtems/src/rtems-source-builder/rtems/sources/git
git: clone: git://git.rtems.org/rtems-tools.git ->
sources/git/rtems-tools.git
error: git command failed (/usr/bin/git): 128

As previously Nick and Joel has suggested I tried to manually clone the
filles into sources directory under
development/rtems/src/rtems-source-builder/rtems and tried building
again.But the process still tries to clone from the terminal.The last few
lines before the build fails are

Creating source directory: sources/git
git: clone: git://git.rtems.org/rtems-tools.git ->
sources/git/rtems-tools.git
error: git command failed (/usr/bin/git): 128
Build FAILED
  See error report: rsb-report-rtems-tools-HEAD-1.txt
error: git command failed (/usr/bin/git): 128
Build Set: Time 1:14:56.847676
Build FAILED

I also tried to clone the contents into a .git directory using git init
because of the following line

git: clone: git://git.rtems.org/rtems-tools.git ->
sources/git/rtems-tools.git

but the process still tries to clone it, giving back the same error. How do
we get around this?

There's another problem also about the build time which in my machine takes
approximately an hour as mentioned above. Is my machine slower than
required?

I am really sorry for being verbose.I am a newbie and just want to learn
properly.☺