building example programs

Andrew Harris andrew.unit at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 01:16:26 UTC 2015

Hello,  I'm trying to figure out how to start a new RTEMS application.  I
thought I would start by looking at the ticker example.  I copied the
ticker example but I am not sure how to compile it.  I am not an expert in
autoconf/automake and could use some assistance on how to get started.  I
think I figured out how to configure my RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH variable, but
the only two files in the ticker example are Makefile.am and Makefile.in,
and I don't know what to do next to build it.  Any help would be
appreciated!

-andrew