building example programs

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Wed Feb 18 14:02:40 UTC 2015

Hi Andrew,

The examples located in testsuites are intended to be compiled with
RTEMS and will not work by copying them elsewhere. For compiling an
application, you should have a look at the examples-v2.git repository
[1]. That should have more info about using RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH, and
also has a newer approach to compiling applications for RTEMS that
uses the Waf build system. I highly recommend checking out the
waf-based approach to compiling applications as it has some great
features, albeit at a slight learning curve.

Gedare

[1] https://git.rtems.org/examples-v2/