RTEMS stack checker

Miller, Scott A. scott.miller at swri.org
Wed Jan 14 23:18:37 UTC 2015

Attempting to get the stack checker in RTEMS enabled our software.

Before confdefs.h is included, along with all of our other CONFIGURE variables, I have put:

#define CONFIGURE_STACK_CHECKER_ENABLED

When I later make the call to rtems_stack_checker_report_usage_with_plugin(), I get output (one per line) for each task running (and the interrupt context), but the values printed (stack begin area, used, etc..) are all the same for each task, and the stack size doesn't seem to match the memory area allocated for the stack.  The values don't seem trustable.

Is there something I'm missing to use the stack checker properly?

Running RTEMS 4.10.